Right from 1949 till today, BSA Hercules has revolutionized the
world of ‘two-wheeler’ transport with suitability and innovation.
- 200th Hercules BSA Cycle Store opened and received ET Retail Award for excellence in Rural Retailing.
- 200th BSA Hercules Exclusive Store opened in April 2012. TI Cycles of India conducted the first All India Trade Partners meet which was the first of its kind in this industry.
- Over 1100 trade partners attended the event in Hyderebad.
- TI Cycles of India won the ‘Emerging Market Retailer of the year’ award from CMO Asia in the Asia Retail Excellence Awards 2012.
- Crossed revenues of Rs.1000 crores and volumes of 4 million for the first time. (2010-2011).
- Launched India’s first carbon frame bike with the new brand, Montra.
- BSA & Hercules are selected as Superbrands.
TI retail consolidates further to 425 outlets across the country in a variety of formats.
- While consolidating the retail business, TI introduces Hercules Express, BSA Workouts and Track & Trail. The retail footprint increases to 200 Hercules BSA Zone and 44 BSA GO outlets.
- BSA Motors was launched, unveiling the largest range of electric scooters in the country. With over 70 dealers, the company becomes the no.1 in South India in just a few months.
BSA Zone, the 2nd retail format is launched and by the year-end grows to 80 outlets.
TI launches its first flagship store, BSA GO in Ahmedabad.
TI introduced the Hercules Topgear. Endorsed by star Crickter Ajay Jadeja, it ceated a whole new category of geared bikes in this country.
TICI introduced the BSA Ladybird – the first bicycle for girls.
TICI introduced the Rockshox, the first bike with shock absorbers.
Keeping its pioneering flag flying high, TICI introduced the first MTB-Hercules MTB, till date the largest selling MTB in the market.
In tune with the changes in the cycle market, the company introduced India’s first fashion bike – the Streetcat which was a roaring success.
BSA Champ – the first bike for kids was introduced.
TICI’s seed – the BSA SLR went on to create a whole new category of bicycle.
TI conducts biggest-ever bicycle market survey and holds first all India sales conference at Madras.
TI India celebrated 25 years of pioneering existence in many fields.
TI Cycle was awarded the Government of India’s trophy for outsourcing export performance during 68-69.
The one millionth TI bicycle is made in February. TI Miller goes into producing dynamo lamp sets for cycles and special lamps for mopeds and scooters.
Wright Saddles of India’s goes into production. Collaboration with Diamond Chains, USA, brings TI and Hercules chains to India.
His Highness Jayachamaraja Wadiya, the then Governor of Mysore, inaugurated Tube Products of India factory, in Avadi to manufacture Tru-wel electric resistance welded steel tubes in collaboration with the pioneers, Tube Investments.
Tube Products of India was established with the objective of providing backward integration to bicycles, producing tubes required for bicycles.
Hercules(India) is renamed as Hercules- an indication of our collaborator’s acceptance of TI quality standards.
The ‘B’ Factory of TI cycles to manufacture bicycle components was inaugurated by His Highness Jayachamaraja Wadiyar, the then Rajpramukh, Mysore State.
His Highness, the Maharaja of Bhavnagar (then Governor of Madras State) inaugurated the TI Cycles ‘A’ factory. The first Hercules rolled out of the plant and went on to become an enduring best seller along with the Philips brand. Jayachamaraja Wadiyar, the then Rajpramukh, Mysore State.
Murugappa Group founded TI Cycles, with Tube Investments, UK